We are a dynamic and growing church. We provide a variety of exciting and relevant worship service and spiritual growth opportunities.
To share the Good News of Jesus Christ with people and lead them into a fully devoted relationship with Him.
OUR CORE VALUES
Love God and actively worship Him.
Love Others and actively build Christian relationships.
Love to Serve and actively minister to the Body of Christ and the World.
Dutilh Church began in 1844 with four families holding services in the Jones barn. The founding families were Detmore and Elizabeth Shaner of Beaver County and William and Jane Lonsdale after newly arriving from England. The original church was called Little Plains Church and Joshua Monroe served as the first official Pastor.
In 1878, Pastor J.M Swam recognized the growth in the area and the need for a bigger building. A site consisting of one-fourth of an acre was donated by Charles Dutilh of Philadelphia and two and a half additional acres had been added by 1961 to comprise the present site, parking area, and cemetery.
In 1963, Cranberry Township officials renamed a portion of Perry Highway/Route 19, Dutilh Road. By 1986, more expansion plans were being considered by Dutilh Church. However , on February 10, 1986, an arsonist, who was never found, set fire in the sanctuary and the church completely burned to the ground. Services were moved to the ballroom of the Sheraton Northwest until a new church could be constructed.
Previous building plans were scrapped, and a new church building was designed for the existing site. Ground breaking ceremonies were held, September 7, 1986. The current building was dedicated on September 24, 1988. In November of 2011, a lighted steeple was added to help us become a beacon at the crossroads of the Pennsylvania Turnpike and Interstate 79.